Get Noticed on Google Plus using Blue Link Videos
Getting noticed on Google Plus is hard to do. Even when some say that there is ‘nobody there’ – those of us that are using the place know better. There is a ton of interaction and activity going on all day long on Google+ so getting noticed is getting harder to do as the seconds tick by.
We have discovered a trick that really helps your stuff stand out from the crowd. It involves a little known tip about formatting your text. Getting noticed on Google+ or increasing your visibility in posts and comments just got much easier if you use this technique. In a nutshell here it is: You can make your Text Blue in your posts and your comments if you let YouTube URLs to do the work. Let me explain…
Getting Noticed on Google Plus – the Technique
When you paste a YouTube URL into your post (or a comment) and then post it… the YouTube URL will magically change into Blue Text – right before your eyes! That’s right, you can have Blue Text that really stands out from the Black & Grey text normally seen inside Google+ posts and comments. And it’s simple to do!
The Title of the YouTube Video is the only text that will become Blue inside Google Plus.
I’ve been doing it for a while now and have built up a collection of YouTube URLs for you to use if you like. I’ll list them here (and plan on updating the collection as it grows) for you to use. Ping me on Google Plus if I seem to have missed updating this list below.
The Title of the YouTube video is what shows as blue text inside your Google+ post or comment. You can bold it, italicize it, even strike-through it (not sure why you’d do that) – but leaving it as plain text will still make an impact and get you noticed. You will increase the visibility of your post and comments text using this technique. Getting noticed is simple when you’ve got the right tools… and here they are, free of charge.
Add Blue Text in a Comment:
The easiest thing to do with this technique is to add some blue text to a Comment on a Google Plus post.
- Take the YouTube URL and paste it into the comment area of the post, leave space after the last letter of the YouTube URL (add more text if you like) then…
- Post the comment and you get to see the Blue Title Text of the Video showing inside the comments! Simple and fun.
Add Blue Text inside the Body of a Post – Using the Video Thumbnail as the Post’s Graphic
- Paste the Desired YouTube URL into the ‘Add Link’ area while composing the Google Plus post
- Then, Type in your Post’s text content into the Google Plus post entry area
- Next, Paste in the YouTube URL wherever you want to insert the Blue Link text and add some text after it! (Remember it is the Video Title text that will eventually turn blue)
Note: You should not paste the YouTube URL into the Post’s body until after you have completed step 1
- As a reminder, since you will want to add some text after the YouTube URL, be sure to leave 1 space between the URL text and the next character (like the ! shown here)
Add Blue Text inside the Body of a Post – Without using the Video Thumbnail as the Post’s Graphic
- First, Insert your other image for your Google+ post the normal way (use the Albums, Photos, Webpage URL, etc. method) before inserting any YouTube URLs into the main body of the post
- Then, Type in your Post’s text content into the Google Plus post entry area and wherever you want to insert the Blue Link text in the main body of the post, you paste in the YouTube URL (but only after you have completed step 1 above)The key is to get a graphic into the body of the post First, before you start adding any YouTube URLs into the main body of the Google Plus post.
If you don’t want a graphic attached to your post at all (not recommended) then you can paste in the Video URL into the main body of the post at any time, and ‘remove’ the video ‘graphic’ by clicking on the ‘x’ in the upper right of the video graphic image. You may need to enter in the YouTube URL again before you remove the graphic to have the Blue Link text still appear as part of the main body of the post.
Get Noticed on Google Plus using my Collection of Blue Link Videos Below
Feel free to use my collection of Blue Link Video URLs listed here, and leave a comment below re. which ones you like best and what you’d like to see me make as additons to the list. Please keep the Suggestions for Blue Link text in the ‘positive’ or ‘neutral’ arena… I don’t want to make ‘negative’ ones… I’ll leave that to you or someone else to do if you feel you must.
Some Tips on how to make getting noticed on Google plus simple:
- Find or make your own YouTube Video Title that says the words you want to say (the video’s title text is what shows up as Blue Text)
- Copy the Long Link / Full URL (not the shortened one) of the YouTube video
- Paste it into the Post or Comment exactly where you want the blue text to appear
- When you add formatting (i.e. * Asterisks to bold *) be sure to add a space and some extra text at the end of the URL before the closing formatting code (i.e. add a space followed by …)
- When adding any other text after the URL (which is required if in the Post’s Body), be sure to leave a space before typing more text – if you don’t, the extra text will become part of the URL and break the technique
- Using other ‘links’ will also show as blue link text, but YouTube videos let you control the blue words the best (no extra dots or .com at the end is needed, etc.)
Some Warnings on using this technique:
- Be sure that the content of the video is what you want to share
- People don’t need to click on the blue link text – but many will do that (which will play the video)
- Realize that the content of the video will be associated with you regardless of if you made the video or not – you ‘posted it’
- Don’t use the shortened URL, it won’t convert into text when posted – use the long link / full version
- If you use this technique in the Main Body of the Post, you will need to add some text after the URL, else the URL may disappear when posting
- As mentioned above, be careful about how you add any characters after the URL (leave a space first)
- Be sure to follow the steps noted above it you are wanting the Blue Link text to be visible in the main body of the post (regarding the post’s graphic image)
A few Pointers on how to get the Required Long Link – Full Version of the YouTube URL:
- Watch the video on YouTube and copy the URL from the Browser’s Address area (be careful to get just what you need, no extra stuff at the end is required)
- Go to a video watch page to view the video, Click on the Share button, then click on the Options drop-down just below the ‘shortened URL’, then click the Long Link checkbox and copy the URL – this is the most efficient version of the URL to use
- Use the YouTube URLs shown below to make it easy on yourself until you get the hang of it
Getting Noticed on Google Plus using Blue Link Videos – My ready-to-go-collection:
I’ll list How the text will look in blue, followed by the Long Link YouTube URL for you to copy/use.
YouTube Playlist for Blue Link Videos
(You’ll find them all here in this YouTube Playlist, and it should auto update with the new ones as well - be careful to only use URLs for single videos or else you’ll be using a series of videos as your comment / text when people click on the blue link)
Get noticed on Google+ using Blue Link Videos – watch this topic develop on Google+
When I post more on this topic on Google+ I will use the hashtag #bluelinkvideos – so search for that inside Google+ to see the entire discussion as it unfolds. The search will yield the best results if you have me in your circles, because you can then filter the results to only show ‘From Your Circles’ results inside Google+ Search results. Add me to your circles via the links in the sidebar here or on my home page, or via Ronnie Bincer on Google Plus.
This trick on how to get noticed on Google+ using Blue Link Videos goes hand in hand with another special technique on how Google Plus Comments Increase Visibility - click the link there to learn more. Try using that technique along with these Blue Link Videos and you’re sure to get noticed on Google Plus!
Reminder: Please note in the comments below which Blue Link Video you like best and some suggestions for new ones you would like me to make.